When I started planning meals for our Whole30, I knew that soups were going to be a must! My husband and I LOVE soup! During the winter we even have Soup Sunday’s and we look forward to it all year! I decided that during the first week of Whole30 that I wanted to make two soups to have on hand for quick meals and also to pop in the freezer! The All Natural Homemade Chicken Soup was the first one I made, and it did not disappoint!
Recipe adapted from Lauren McBride Blog
3 large russet potatoes, peeled
1 box Imagine Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
Roasted Garlic and Herb Seasoning
Salt to taste
IN A CROCKPOT:
Place your whole chicken, rinsed, in the crockpot seasoned with the roasted garlic seasoning and salt and pepper. Add 3 carrots and 1/2 onion roughly chopped. Cook on LOW for 6 HOURS. I cooked it overnight so it would be ready to start the rest of the soup in the morning.
WHEN CHICKEN IS DONE:
– Cut chicken off the bone and place in a separate bowl. I took the whole chicken and put it in a casserole dish and cut off the meat that we wanted in our soup. It was a majority of it!
– Place a colander on top of a large mixing bowl that can handle heat.
– Strain the remainder in the crockpot into the colander so the broth is left in the mixing bowl. Throw the remains in the colander away. Add the broth back into the crockpot.
– Add 1 box of Imagine Organic Free Range Chicken Broth into the pot, along with the chicken, 2 chopped carrots, 1/2 of a chopped onion, and 3 chopped potatoes into the box.
– Add about a capful of Italian seasoning (or to taste) and salt to taste.
– Cook on low for 6-8 hours until the potatoes are tender.
– Remove from heat and serve